Families around the world are finding themselves at home with their children and are looking for ways to #keeplearning.
Almost 1,000 students have participated in BGL’s Big Dayta project with their classes. But did you know that it’s also open to kids who are learning at home? The project is free and does not require a log in.
What do I do?
Kids, keep track of one weekday in your life and complete the form so you can add your day to our Big Dayta tracker!
Then you can explore the data. Check out the spreadsheet with all the data, and explore it however you wish. Or if you would like some guidance (especially parents who are looking for grade-level ideas!), check out our idea guide.
We even have some worksheets that automatically update as more kids add their data. Due to COVID-19 keeping so many people at home right now, we are creating worksheets as fast as we can. Check out the list below (and please send a request for a specific grade level so we know where gaps need to be filled! :
- Second grade investigates only second grade, 2- and 1-digit numbers with comparisons
- Second grade investigates all data, 3-digit numbers
- Fourth grade investigates all data, comparisons of 2- and 3-digit numbers
- Third and Fourth grade investigates all data, estimating, rounding, and subtracting with 2- and 3-digit numbers
- Fourth grade more estimating and rounding
- Introductory video – for grown-ups to understand the project and to show kids
- List of investigation sheets that are already available
- Slide show with step by step method for exploring the data on your own
- Form to request investigation sheets for other grade levels
We look forward to seeing what you investigate!
This project was created by Banyan Global Learning and is provided free by BGL. If you are a teacher or school leader who is transitioning to online learning, check out their free resources for getting your class online quickly.
For more educational content like this, sign up for our mailing list.